Why was my thread removed?

Astralv

Distinguished
I wanted to ask for more information about why my thread, "iOS 7 and PUK code on iPad" was removed. The e-mail says, "Please be sure to comply with the Rules of Conduct and guidelines for posting". I need to know what was wrong with it. If it was posted in the wrong section (OS X)- I assumed- this is general Apple-related section. If I can not post iOS question there, you could of move it to better location, not delete it. I am waiting for replies, and nobody answers- I did not see this e-mail. Thanks a lot.

I did not delete the thread nor do I know why the mod involved did, I can only guess as to why.

I can see why it was deleted, at a quick glance it looks like your asking for a code that will circumvent some form of security, which is against CoC here at Toms and is a common reason why threads are deleted. Most moderation is done en-masse, where we deal with many threads somewhat quickly, so I can see how the mistake was made.

I have restored the thread, hopefully you get an answer soon.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1806486/ios-puk-code-ipad.html

Astralv

Distinguished
Thank you for your kind guess. I assume- humans read the threads, not the machine, and humans should be able to understand what the thread asking. I did not ask for the code, I said- my iPad asking for the code, but iPads do not have the code because PUK code is specific for iPhones, and was asking how to stop it from asking for it. It is very hard to misunderstand if you actually read the post. No need to look for it- so far- it stopped asking for it- if it asks again- I will repost. Thank you.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Glad your issue went away, Astralv. Moderators have hair-triggers when it comes to users asking for codes, and it sets off all kinds of detector alerts and whatnot as well - that was probably why the thread got removed. If the problem re-emerges and you repost, be sure to use careful wording on the subject just to be sure. :)