Samsung May Be Working On 12.2-Inch Galaxy Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherrymanghang

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
When was this article written? Didn't the writer of this article ever seen the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition? Because it already sports a physical home button...you should know that because the device was announced last Sept. 4..or was this article just copied from another site that was written ages ago???

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
big.LITTLE MP is not about running all cores at the same time, although that might happen on occasion. It is an evolution of the spec that allows cores to be brought on-line, as it were, when needed. The main point is power efficiency.

Look at how Apple had to make changes to their iOS to accommodate the power draw of the 64 bit chip. They toned down the graphics and upped the battery size, but spun it as improved. I like the big.LITTLE MP implementation much better for now.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
After using a TF101 (10") tablet, I found even that size to be too far too large for a comfortable, practical, mobile tablet form factor. Couldn't fathom using a 12+" tablet, unless perhaps it's as a laptop replacement (with a keyboard dock, of course).

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I am not a huge lover of Android but I would purchase this device. Windows 8, 8.1 is not my cup of tea. Android will soon be the dominate OS. Hopefully Android will allow Devs to develop on an Android too. This is the biggest problem with tablets is they are simple consumption devices. Soon one will not be able to purchase a true computer for developing...

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Isn't Android already quite open for developers? I mean, the Play store isn't necessarily totally open, though it is quite liberal in what it lets on there, but there is nothing stopping developers from putting their own .apk files up for download just via the web. Is there a legal reason preventing devs from developing store'less apps for Android? Honestly curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.