I was looking at building a server had a question btx related

angelice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
I have been working on trying to build a server for home file management well needless to say I need a server/workstation. I had decided that the best thing for me to go with would be a dell precision 690(this choice because of price and availability). This system utilizes dual 771 socket allowing me to toss two dual core xeon 5160s for 10$ total, motherboard in the range of 25$ etc. Needless to say this was the best price option, my only issue has been that it is a btx motherboard. Purchasing the actual dell precision case drives up my price quite a lot. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there was a way to put a btx motherboard in an atx case as I have quite a large number of full size and Eatx cases laying about. I found a precision 690 motherboard with tray as well I don't really think that will help but possibly. I haven't been able to find anything about modding a case to fit one of these and was hoping that maybe someone had seen something or might know something. Thanks for any help or advice in this.

angelice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Also if anyone knows of a different case that i could get for cheap to fit it that would be great. The only btx format case i have is a dell dimension e310 which i dont believe is the same type of btx. I believe its possibly a mini btx format or something. I am unsure just got it and hadnt really checked it out.