Closed

EKWB Introduces Gold-Plated CPU Water Block

Tags:
  • Cooling
  • Do It Yourself
  • Components
Last response: in News comments
September 21, 2013 9:37:22 PM

Am I the only one that thinks gold looks very tacky on components?
Score
September 21, 2013 11:10:43 PM

If you drop a few grand on a system, build a custom mod case with cool lighting, what's a hundred or so more? Go for it.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 21, 2013 11:19:46 PM

I preferred Asus blue setup as I like the color but this is cool to have a matching setup if you have to do that.

Had a guy at my work who had a HD7970 and everything was red (even his power cables) and when he bought a Titan he switched to green for everything (including motherboard and CPU fans for his Noctua).

I guess if you want to show off its cool and I understand as for my P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 I have black Corsair vengeance for the black slots and blue for the blue slots. Just looks nicer.
Score
September 22, 2013 4:15:21 AM

Gold is the new black.
Score
September 22, 2013 2:55:36 PM

keigo_kanzaki said:
Gold is the new black.

Does that make black the new gold? :p 
Score
September 22, 2013 6:23:46 PM

I think EK should do this on all their waterblocks. I don't really give a crap what it looks like, but gold is highly corrosion resistant.
Score
September 22, 2013 8:59:58 PM

iamtheking123 said:
I think EK should do this on all their waterblocks. I don't really give a crap what it looks like, but gold is highly corrosion resistant.

It is slow to oxidise, but how much better is it than the more common alloys they use? I believe it is generally cheaper to have the nickel, copper thing they normally have but has a similar effectiveness and oxidation rate as the gold.

Edit: as it turns out they probably don't use alloys, but plating. So gold would be a nice alternative to those who desire a long living cooling block :p  .
Score
!