Closed

EKWB Introduces Gold-Plated CPU Water Block

EKWB has released a gold-plated version of its Supremacy water block to match newer motherboards' color schemes.

EKWB Introduces Gold-Plated CPU Water Block : Read more
7 answers Last reply
More about ekwb introduces gold plated cpu water block
  1. Am I the only one that thinks gold looks very tacky on components?
  2. If you drop a few grand on a system, build a custom mod case with cool lighting, what's a hundred or so more? Go for it.
  3. I preferred Asus blue setup as I like the color but this is cool to have a matching setup if you have to do that.

Had a guy at my work who had a HD7970 and everything was red (even his power cables) and when he bought a Titan he switched to green for everything (including motherboard and CPU fans for his Noctua).

I guess if you want to show off its cool and I understand as for my P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 I have black Corsair vengeance for the black slots and blue for the blue slots. Just looks nicer.
  4. Gold is the new black.
  5. keigo_kanzaki said:
    Gold is the new black.

Does that make black the new gold? :P
  6. I think EK should do this on all their waterblocks. I don't really give a crap what it looks like, but gold is highly corrosion resistant.
  7. iamtheking123 said:
    I think EK should do this on all their waterblocks. I don't really give a crap what it looks like, but gold is highly corrosion resistant.

It is slow to oxidise, but how much better is it than the more common alloys they use? I believe it is generally cheaper to have the nickel, copper thing they normally have but has a similar effectiveness and oxidation rate as the gold.

Edit: as it turns out they probably don't use alloys, but plating. So gold would be a nice alternative to those who desire a long living cooling block :P .
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Do It Yourself Components