which of the 2 coolermaster cpu coolers?

mr1hm

Distinguished

i upgraded from a Hyper 212+ to a TPC 812 and was pretty stoked seeing a 5C-10C difference in temperatures. but, the design of the Hyper 212 EVO was quite a nice improvement from the Hyper212+. the TPC 812 seems to be about double the price of the 212 EVO on amazon, unless you're getting the TPC812 for $50 or lower (got mine for about $40 a while ago), id say id go with a EVO.

of course, you can also try an aim for a Noctua NH-D14 which should be around $10-$20 more (as well as larger in size) than the TPC 812 and is considered to be one of, if not, the best of air coolers. however, i cant say how much a difference in temperatures there are between the Noctua and TPC 812

mr1hm

Distinguished

ah ok, in that case, it seems like the decision got even harder to make lol :)

if you think you're going to upgrade the CPU within a year, id probably go for the EVO; you could also grab the EVO and upgrade later to a closed loop water cooling kit such as the H80i or H100i

if you're using a CPU such as the i7 3770k/i7 4770k, these chips can run very hot so id probably just grab the TPC 812 but, if money isn't too much of a problem, just get a H80i or H100i right now to save yourself the hassle of upgrading later.

mr1hm

Distinguished

hehe :)

your CPU belongs to the Haswell series of Intel CPUs, which means that it also belongs to one of the hottest running CPUs as of right now...

if it were my decision, i wouldn't buy an air cooler and just grab a H100i and call it a day but, if you don't have the money, id get the TPC 812

Ako PalasiEdu

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

dont have money atm... i only have money for a TPC 812 or a 212 evo... so ok... its settled then ill go with the TPC 812 if its better than 212... =) thanks for your time

Ako PalasiEdu

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

sir last question... hehe... i just saw a coolermaster seidon 120m almost the same price as TPC 812... i would ask if its better to get a closed loop water cooling or the air cooling ? what do you think ? plz answer... :)

mr1hm

Distinguished

id say you'll get the same/very similar performance out of both of them.

imo, id say you'd need something like a Corsair H80i/H100i to see noticeable gains

Ako PalasiEdu

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

i would love to buy a corsair if its available here in our area... can't find a store here in philippines that sells corsair cpu coolers... ok if it will be just the same then ill go with the cheaper one... thanks again ! :)

George_oc

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
The Seidon 120M offers almost the same performance as the TPC 812, but both of these coolers will be able to handle future generation CPUs, so I'd go with the Seidon because your setup will look much more neat with an aio watercooling :D

But given that the Evo costs $30 over there, just go with it and if you are not satisfied in your future cpu upgrades, grab a new one :)

Ako PalasiEdu

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

well i was about to pick the TPC 812... but do you think both seidon and tpc 812 will have the same performance ? i kinda like the looks of aio watercooling... do u have any test that make the seidon a better pick?