fx-8150 cpu fan suggestions

reyesz3

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013

its alot bigger than the 212, you'll have to reconsider when putting in 4 ram modules lol

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Actually no. I have one of these, and its intentionally designed to go high enough and narrow enough to not cause any obstruction to RAM. I have Corsair Vengence ram with the high heatsinks too, and it fits fine, the phanteks is very well designed.

x4warrior

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

i have the 212 , but i find thermal paste really isn't my thing so any other suggestions?

x4warrior

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

also the 212 plus does not fit in my case

reyesz3

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013

all you do is put a pea sized dot in the middle of the CPU and make sure you lower down the cooler with even pressure

x4warrior

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
yeah it doesnt fit still since on the side of my case i already have 2 fans , so my case does not close i was thinking of the h100i water cooler but idk if i'd have room for it ( even if i remove the fans on the side )

x4warrior

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
yeah it doesnt fit still since on the side of my case i already have 2 fans , so my case does not close i was thinking of the h100i water cooler but idk if i'd have room for it ( even if i remove the fans on the side )

reyesz3

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013

you should try to avoid putting side fans, they mess with your airflow.

The best setup for fans is a front and/or bottom intake fans and a top exhaust fan or two if you prefer. Side fans are likely to create turbulence especially if you have a graphics card in the region the side fans are blowing, because they too have fans that are blowing air out.

try to keep an even flow of air running through your system instead of cramming as much fans in there as possible.

if it doesn't fit, you could like you said use that water cooler they take up less space around the CPU.

x4warrior

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

yeah but it came with the case it , heres a pic of my case
http://tokocentralpc.net/image/cache/data/Casing/Casing-Gigabyte-Luxo-M10-3-500x500.jpg

http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/Gigabyte_Luxo_M10_02.jpg

and the side fan and front fan are the only two fans blowing in air, the top and back blow out the air

reyesz3

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013

If that's the case (no pun intended) then you can just unscrew the fans from the side panel and then attach them to the top of the case, your case specs shows that it has 2 120mm fan slots at the top of the case.

however if you are looking to use the water cooling method you can attach the 120x240mm fan to the top of your case and just remove the two side fans if they're in the way. (you dont need the side fans anyway)

and if you want maybe use one of the side panel fans as another front intake fan, so you'll end up with 2 front intake fans, one rear exhaust fan and the water cooling fans on top of your case.