New build just turns on and off over and over.

STM Method

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
z87-pro
i7-4770k
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Asus GTX 760
Corsair 2x8gb RAM
OCZ ZS 650W PSU
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive

PSU not the issue.

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I believe it could be related to the power button being plugged into the motherboard backwards? You can try turning it around, I read that somewhere a while back.

Xavier Bouttier

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013

Or the reset switch is in the power pins position, and the power button in the reset switch position?

Edit: I mean, i built my first two rigs last weekend, i can see how that can happen, labels are so small on the front control panel pins that you can easily mix those itsy-bitsy tiny little buggers up right?

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

I built my first PC exactly a month ago. But yea that would be what I was talking about.

Xavier Bouttier

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013

I'm not a PC guru, and I tend to jump the gun when things like this happen.

(I cleaned my Sony Vaio laptop first time 3 weeks ago, took it appart, cpu was fused to heatsink, ripped it out of the socket, bent pins, ripped it off the heatsink with isopropyl alcohol, anyways, long story short, the whole thing was a disaster after another, when i managed to re-straighten the pins, put it in, put everything back together after cleaning, the thing wouldn't turn on! Just blinking orange on the power button..

Said to myself: 'That's it! I fried my computer, there goes 2000 euros down the toilet'

After a couple of hours of sulking, did some research, and it so happens that this particular model has a switch on the mobo that held the CPU into position, lock/unlocked position, and when I ripped the heatsink/CPU mesh out in one piece, the socket was still in the locked position (didnt realize) and after cleaning put everything back together with a locked socket..:p So i re-dissassembled everything, unlocked the thing, re-put the cpu, locked, re-assembled, and lo-and-behold, it worked! LOL

TL;DR - dont get your hopes down, more often than not, with a little research, there is almost always a solution to a problem.

STM Method

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
Seems like it's shorting or no power is getting to the CPU. Can't work out where a short is happening or why no power is making it to the CPU.

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Are all the standoffs in the correct position for ATX? Did your motherboard come with washers to put between the screws and the motherboard to prevent shorting?

STM Method

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

No washers supplied. 9 standoffs in correct positions.