BenQ XL2420TE vs XL2720T vs ASUS VG278H vs VG248QE

Troof2Troof

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
HI All,

I'm looking into getting a new monitor and was looking for some extra input.

- I want 120Hz, I'm not sure if 144Hz would make such a big difference.
- 3D would be cool but I've never seen it before. Can anyone chime in on that? Is it cool?
- I'm down to those 4 monitors but I would prefer a 24 inch. I also realize the 144Hz Asus isn't 3D.

I never had a really good monitor before so I'm still in the process of researching it.

Solution
The 144hz Asus is 3D btw, it just isn't built in, just like the BenQ monitors. You'd have to buy a separate 3D Vision 2 kit for all 3 of those. The only one with the emitter built in and comes with glasses is the VG278H.

I personally would go for the VG278H, as I like 3D Vision a lot, and 120hz with Lightboost is better than 144hz without Lightboost. You may even use 100hz with Lightboost so it is easier to obtain the FPS for perfectly smooth results.

For good 3D results, you'll need to change the depth and convergence settings, as by default, it doesn't give much of an effect. You will also want this link to fix many games that normally have issues: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/07/game-list-full.html
The 144hz Asus is 3D btw, it just isn't built in, just like the BenQ monitors. You'd have to buy a separate 3D Vision 2 kit for all 3 of those. The only one with the emitter built in and comes with glasses is the VG278H.

I personally would go for the VG278H, as I like 3D Vision a lot, and 120hz with Lightboost is better than 144hz without Lightboost. You may even use 100hz with Lightboost so it is easier to obtain the FPS for perfectly smooth results.

For good 3D results, you'll need to change the depth and convergence settings, as by default, it doesn't give much of an effect. You will also want this link to fix many games that normally have issues: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/07/game-list-full.html

Solution

Troof2Troof

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

Thanks for the info. Just ordered the Asus VG278H from NewEgg. I saw them cheaper on eBay but I don't trust eBay and the sellers & Amazon didn't have prime shipping.

I'm really forward to it!

I hope you enjoy it. Not all games are created well for 3D, so keep that in mind if you run into one that doesn't work well and don't forget to enable the advanced keyboard shortcuts in the 3D settings, so you can adjust the convergence. It can make a HUGE difference between hating and loving 3D. Of course the mod site I gave is really good too.