Is this a good gaming setup for around $1500

dasPretzel

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
My main goal is to stream games online at 60fps. I've done an extensive amount of research and this is what I've come up with so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1GW98

you guys see any improvements or any where I can save some money? Thanks so much for the help.

Edit: I should note this is my first build and I would like to oc the processor.

dasPretzel

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

Is that equivalent to the Asus?

dasPretzel

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

I would live to go with the I7 but I am pushing my budget already. I really just want to make sure that the I5 will handle what I want. I know the I7 will better,unfortunately

Darcey

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
If I was to trim your existing list down to make it possible for the i7 4770k and the GTX780 I would do the following and see how much money I would save and can put into either the GPU 1st and CPU 2nd.

1. Lower RAM to 8GB C9 timings 1600MHz (should be 1/2 the price - so $70 saved approx)

2. Western Digital is by far the best and only option I would say for hard drives that don't break but as you have an SSD in, maybe lower the price by getting the Green version (this wont impact game play it may impact load times a little if full game is stored on there but nothing major)

3. Find a cheaper case - its just a box at the end of the day (mind you I'm drooling over an NZXT lol but if I had a choice between gtx780 or a nice looking case, gtx 780 would win)

4. Power supply, 750w is probably overkill for this system, google up a psu wattage calculator and see what the minimum you can get away with is... 650 bronse might do the job.

5. Find out which is cheaper, win7 home or win 8 home and get that... Money is ruling factor.

6. Optical drive, is it possible to take it from your existing computer?

Once you have gone through that list, see how much money you have saved and see if it can get you upgraded to a GTX780 and maybe, just maybe you may have enough for the i7 4770k

Worth a try...