First Weekend iPhone Sales Top Nine Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
I personally don't have an iphone, but is there really any reason to upgrade from an iphone 5 or a 4s from that matter? Sure its a little faster and has a better camera but what else? The fingerprint scanner is a joke because that can be easily bypassed by lifting the fingerprints off the phone. Also the 5c is just an iphone 5 in colorful plastic. Please try harder apple.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
This isn't going to last. Most of these people are existing users replacing 4, 4S, 5. They've waited long enough, hence the immediate buy. I would be more impressed when they release next month's figures.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
No one is going to rip on her for butchering the article? I love you Jane (no seriously) but the 5s can't be both phones at the same time!

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
No one is going to rip on her for butchering the article? I love you Jane (no seriously) but the 5s can't be both phones at the same time!

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Apple is one of the smartest companies this planet has ever seen. I have never owned an Apple product, and likely never will. But, the fact that they can sell 9 million units of something that is this expensive and just isn't that interesting or class leading any more with no compelling features to upgrade to in just 3 days is astonishing.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

Apple was the king of hype and brain washing, Apple was kind of religious rite now......
According to what the iSheep believes, Lord Steve Jobs was not the fresh and blood human beings, he was the extraterrestrial came to earth from the universe, with super human ability or technology, he invented everything on this planet.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

If you really want to backup your claim, there are already sites offering lots of rewards to the first hackers who manage to crack the fingerprint scanner on the new iphone. Otherwise, don't assume that because you saw it on mythbusters that its also possible to replicate it.

*EDIT*
Lol, I just read the news, the fingerprint scanner got hacked ala Mythbusters style hahaha.

As for upgrading, I guess some people are stuck with iPhone 4 or other slower android phone and they want to try an Apple product. I for one started with an LG Optimus 7 which I adored but it got the dreaded stuck on boot screen issue and I've been using an iPhone 4 while I wait for the HTC One to lower in price. As for the iPhone it is a great phone, a lot of bias I had against it went away after having to live with it for months. I suggest you do the same, if you haven't tried one already.

Larry Bob

Honorable
May 26, 2013
The only reason they "ran out of stock" (considering they've had sprees like this at every iPhone launch) was because they created an artificial demand to make people want the new iPhone more. If they had enough stock it wouldn't be as "magical" when you finally got one.

Apple logic.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Numbers that make all the manufacturers jealous.
5S is a great upgrade from 4/4S. Is it ideal screensize, probably not, that's coming with the 6.

But having way faster hardware, 64 bit processor, everything is substantially faster, better camera and flash. There's plenty of reasons to upgrade.

I will be, and so will 2 other of my colleagues (Software Architect and Software Developer [Java]). and other family members will be upgrading.

To all those who think people with iPhones don't know technology, products, don't do research that's complete B.S.

I know many people like myself well versed in computer technologies either from a software or hardware level, CS degrees who simply have a long list of reasons to prefer iPhones over Android phones and we don't really need to justify it to anyone else but we can.

Our marginal utility for an iPhone is higher than a S4 or Note 2/3.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Surprised the iHaters didnt say article writer is paid by Apple...lol. 9M SOLD not shipped people, this isnt Samsung. iP5S is now available to copy :)

Well, I guess that makes 9 million people that are angry about the borked sensors in iP5S.
I am not surprised this info has not made it's way to TH. They can't let something "minor" like that spoil their iGasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.