what to ask the computer store to customize laptop to best

Nikolashiks

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
re-install windows after boot loop, any up to eye customizations needed? Like bios setup for better video'
What else should the professional do for the better?
Any tweaks to ask about? What specifics should I ask to be done to my computer?
Specs:

2.7ghz CPU
630m 1 gb nvidia
16gb ram

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
There is not much they can do with your laptop. Only thing the computer store can do for you besides re-installing your operating system, is upgrading hardware. Best thing they could do is add an SSD to your laptop, if you don't already have one. But with your information we can't help. We don't know your laptop model, your specific hardware or the possibilities of your laptop.

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
SSD is a aditional or replacement harddisk. It's much more expensive than a regular harddisk, but also much faster. If it's additional, it's usefull to add as boot disk, and keep your other harddisk as data-storage. SSD is an internal component and is build into your laptop.
However, a SSD can be bottlenecked by older SATA connectors. I can't say if that is a problem in your case because again, we don't know your laptop model, your specific hardware or the possibilities of your laptop yet.

Nikolashiks

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Went by the shop. Told me everything about 630m looks awfull, integrated in CPU.. said ssd doesn't improve performance.. Should I have him check bios for intell 4000 performance shut off?
And just run nvidia by itself?

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Well, it won't be smart or maybe not even possible to overclock your CPU or GPU in your laptop. Also, I still don't know laptop brand or model, so I have no idea what your BIOS is capable of. I don't think there are tweaks that can improve your performance noticeable. To keep your PC at it's fastest I can only suggest you install an ad-blocker and carefully select what you install and download. Maybe defrag your HDD once in a while.

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I can't research anything, because again: We do not know your laptop brand and model (If you want specific help, tell us the brand and model already!). For what I can see on google, it's possible to replace a specific 630M card. However, when upgrading your GPU it's almost certain that it uses more power (more wattage). You'll have to research if your laptop has enough power to run the specific card you want, and if your cooling system can handle it. Most of the time: No, it can't. Laptops are mostly build for it's specs. Upgrading the main components (CPU or RAM) is not a great thing to do with a laptop. I suggest that you use your laptop till you decide to buy a new one. And when you buy one: Do it good, or don't do it at all!