Sign in with
Your question

1st Gaming Build ~ Opinions Please

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
September 24, 2013 4:47:09 AM

Hey! if you guys have any spare time could you look at my 1st build i might be putting together and give me your opinions?oh btw the reason why the GPU is missing is because i already have a 3GB Sapphire 7950 also i'm from Australia if that makes any difference cheers guys.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_list...
September 24, 2013 10:05:42 AM

What you have will work, but it would help us a lot if you could give more specifics. What budget are you operating on and what are you trying to accomplish, ie how much power do you need and which games will you be playing?
September 24, 2013 10:37:47 AM

md1032 said:
What you have will work, but it would help us a lot if you could give more specifics. What budget are you operating on and what are you trying to accomplish, ie how much power do you need and which games will you be playing?
Budget is Around 1K AUD give or take $60 not including the GPU and i would like to be able to play games like Bf4 on atleast high at constant fps of 60 @1920x1080

September 25, 2013 11:00:33 AM

I think you'll be fine with that hardware, and I don't have a problem with anything you chose, largely because I just built a very similar system and it flies. If anything, you'll be restricted by the GPU, but I'm guessing it will run just fine.

The only thing I would change is that I'd upgrade the power supply to a slightly larger one. You are approaching the limit of what that power supply can handle and if you upgraded the graphics card down the road, added extra components, or wanted to overclock anything, you'd also be forced to upgrade the PSU. Get a quality 650 with more like 56 A on the 12V rail to give yourself some wiggle room. If your budget is a hard limit, take some of that money from the RAM and just get cheap 1600 Mhz. stuff. I doubt you will see a difference.
!