Korean 1440p Monitors

gpopp

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hi

Ive noticed the extremely cheap Korean 1440p monitors and wondered if anyone had any experience buying them, and if so if the quality/build is any good and if it is worth the risk of some dead pixels?
By dead pixels is that just one single dot that does not change colour or a line across the screen of broken pixels?
If anyone could link me or recommend a decent 1440p monitor then that would be greatly appreciated.

If i got one it would be used for gaming, and would a 7970 be able to run smoothly at these higher resolutions? I've read it can, but if anyone has any first hand experience, can you let me know.

Sorry that this is so long winded, thanks in advance

You might try here for more info. http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I'm in the process of trying to get one myself, obviously can't speak about the quality of the display itself but from what I gather people usually recommend X-Star over Qnix as the QC is a little better, 'pixel perfect' is a waste of money and I asked around a few Ebayers it seems in the UK the one to go with is ta-planet because he/they mark the item as $150 instead of $300, according to an import tax calculator it means you only need to pay 20 quid instead of 50 quid to customs.

Also yea you can overclock other monitors but they have no hope in hell of getting to 120Hz, these do because they plug straight into the panel, theres no scaling or multiple input options, its still not guaranteed though.

gpopp

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Let me know how you get on with your with your monitor, if and when you do get it, I'd be interested to know what they're like

Thanks you've been a great help to me

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Honestly i would go this route which idk why people hasnt mention this earlier http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-LED-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B00BUI44US/ref=de_a_smtd