Sign in with
Your question

My laptop is randomly shutting down, Windows 7 Acer Aspire M5

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 24, 2013 7:41:33 AM

I have a laptop running Windows 7 that is just over a year old. The laptop shuts down randomly. The computer is not overheating and seems not to shut down when it is plugged in. I am considering re-installing windows to see if that could be the problem.

My specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1696 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
4 GB RAM
Intel HD 4000 Graphics card

System Model Aspire M5-481T

Thank you for the help
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2013 7:47:24 AM

estroviro said:
I have a laptop running Windows 7 that is just over a year old. The laptop shuts down randomly. The computer is not overheating and seems not to shut down when it is plugged in. I am considering re-installing windows to see if that could be the problem.

My specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1696 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
4 GB RAM
Intel HD 4000 Graphics card

System Model Aspire M5-481T

Thank you for the help

So ur laptop shutdown only when its on battery?might be the battery is on its way or the battery contacts.
September 24, 2013 7:58:37 AM

As far as I can tell it is when I am on battery power that it does that. So if it is the battery is there a way to check it?
Related resources
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2013 8:04:52 AM

estroviro said:
As far as I can tell it is when I am on battery power that it does that. So if it is the battery is there a way to check it?

Only way is to use it on another same model laptop.but usually the case is dying battery.some only last a year or two.it dies faster if u left it plugged in when its already full.
October 23, 2013 8:07:27 PM

I have similar problem. It seems to be caused when I move/pickup the laptop by holding onto of the front corners. I'm guessing this stresses HHD or creates some electrical disconnect.
!