Sign in with
Your question

can I use a panasonic home theater system without speakers and just run through tv if so how

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 24, 2013 9:08:01 AM

I have no speakers for system. can I still use it, if so how. so for there's no sound, even when I hook it up straight tv help please
a b x TV
September 24, 2013 9:15:57 AM

If you connected it to the TV with HDMI and you are not getting sound it is safe to assume that you will need speakers or just get a DVD or Bluray player not a home theater in a box.
September 24, 2013 10:12:48 AM

I bought it uses, at the time I did not know, I thougt it was a regular dvd player.lol I have vizio tv however no hd on tv not sure if it matters. i just used the regular jacks (red, white, yellow) is there any particular cords I need? I hated to think I wasted my money. I was just hoping that there's something I can do to get sound before calling it quit.

a b x TV
September 27, 2013 11:30:42 AM

If you are stuck then you could use a speaker to line level adapter such as this
http://www.carid.com/universal-amplifiers/axxess-line-o...
You would connect it to the front speaker outputs and to the TV audio inputs. You would also need to be able to set the Panasonic to 2 channel or stereo mode otherwise you will hear no voices.
Good Luck.
!