i NEED MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS FOR AN OLD TOSHIBA TECRA A2 LAPTOP WINXP MODEL No PTA20A-02R002

I HAVE A VERY OLD TECRA A2 LAPTOP MODEL No PTA20A-02R002 AND I NEED THE MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS

The most important driver I need is for the LAN Ethernet driver, the old laptop does not have a wireless LAN.
If I can get the ethernet driver I can connect to the net and use driver manager to find the rest of the drivers I require.

I hope you can assist. regards, Chuck
9 answers Last reply
More about motherboard drivers toshiba tecra laptop winxp model pta20a 02r002
  1. http://www.drivertoshiba.com/tecra-drivers/toshiba-tecra-a2-windows-xp-drivers.html

Scroll down on this page, I believe the chipset utility is what you're looking for. You'll also find all the other drivers on this page as well. I downloaded and test-ran the chipset driver, the installer seems to work. Of course I don't have that machine, so I didn't let it finish.
    You'll have to unzip the .rar, then just run the installer.
    Hope this helps!
  2. Thanks for your reply, I installed that driver but unfortunately that was not the driver I need, the old laptop does not have wireless lan, just an ethernet connection, it is for a pensioner friend of mine I am trying to get it to connect to the net for him.
    Any further suggestions welcomed.
    It is annoying not being able to use the driver manager to find the files I require.

Thanks again for trying. regards Chuck.
  3. kenaniah7037 said:
    http://www.drivertoshiba.com/tecra-drivers/toshiba-tecra-a2-windows-xp-drivers.html

Scroll down on this page, I believe the chipset utility is what you're looking for. You'll also find all the other drivers on this page as well. I downloaded and test-ran the chipset driver, the installer seems to work. Of course I don't have that machine, so I didn't let it finish.
    You'll have to unzip the .rar, then just run the installer.
    Hope this helps!
  4. Thanks for your reply, I installed that driver but unfortunately that was not the driver I need, the old laptop does not have wireless lan, just an ethernet connection, it is for a pensioner friend of mine I am trying to get it to connect to the net for him.
    Any further suggestions welcomed.
    It is annoying not being able to use the driver manager to find the files I require.

Thanks again for trying. regards Chuck.
  5. Ok, are you sure you've got the Tecra A2? Only reason I ask is because everything I've read so far says it came with Atheros wireless card......

Here's a link to the Toshiba Support Site - there is a different chipset driver here than the one I sent before.

http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK&selCategory=8&selFamily=195&selSeries=333&selProduct=551&selShortMod=null&language=13&selOS=10&selType=all&yearupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=4&page=1

Look around on this site, you should find what you need.
    Was the wireless card removed, perhaps?
    Hope this helps.
  6. kenaniah7037 said:
    Ok, are you sure you've got the Tecra A2? Only reason I ask is because everything I've read so far says it came with Atheros wireless card......

Here's a link to the Toshiba Support Site - there is a different chipset driver here than the one I sent before.

http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK&selCategory=8&selFamily=195&selSeries=333&selProduct=551&selShortMod=null&language=13&selOS=10&selType=all&yearupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=4&page=1

Look around on this site, you should find what you need.
    Was the wireless card removed, perhaps?
    Hope this helps.
  7. Hi again.
    It is definitely a Tecra A@ it is a very old one the motherboard date is 25/10/2004.
    Wi Fi is not installed on this model.
    I am still searching.
    Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers Chuck.
  8. I AM PLEASED TO SAY THAT i HAVE MANAGED TO LOCATE THE DRIVER AND MY PENSIONER FRIEND IS OVER THE MOON, HE IS NOW BACK ONLINE.

Thanks for all your help Chuck
  9. Yay! I'm very happy to hear that! That is great news, glad he's happy! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP Drivers Toshiba Laptops Motherboards Tecra