PC SPECS
CPU: AMD FX - 6350
Cooling System: Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7970
Motherboard: Gigabyte 880 FXA - UD3
RAM: 16 GB Ripjaw 2000 Mhz 240 - Pin DDR3 memory
HDD: 3 x 1 TB WD blue HDD
SSD: 128 GB Samsung SSD
PS : Corsair 750x or 850x I'm not sure which because I'm having trouble removing to see
Mid tower case with 4 fans and room to add 1 more
1 monitor running at 1920 x 1080 and a second running 1280 x 1024 (I am planning on getting another monitor or two on Black Friday/cyber Monday)
Also I do know that I went cheap on the CPU but I don't use CPU Programs

Question:
Anyway, I have 1 HD 7970, and I need to get a larger case and AMD's FX 8350, but that is not the question ( I need a better CPU to run Planetside 2 at above 15 FPS). After I do that should I buy a second 7970 for cross firing and keep my mother board, or should I wait for the 8000 series to drop and buy a new Motherboard?

And yes I am fully aware that my GPU is good enough to last another year or two but I want to have a graphics card that will give me around 60 FPS on ultra settings on modern games and games to come. When it comes to PC's or at least graphics cards, I usually want the higher end stuff, I would probably have a job by then and to help cover the expenses I would sell my current motherboard and GPU. I ask this cause I don't know anything about cross firing vs a single better GPU.

At this point its wait hands down, the cards (maybe) are being announced tomorrow, and once they hit markets if they dont perform well the seconds 7970 will drop in price. Either way its better to wait.