Sign in with
Your question

my emachine can't find DVD drive ,,the upper lower filter reg cure isnt possible because that isn't there to delete

Last response: in Windows 7
September 24, 2013 4:47:29 PM

Can't find DVD drive ,,tried the reg cure of deleting upper lower filters but , those 2 things were not there to deleted .BIOs from what I can tell says it isn't installed,,, but I don't see how to install it . It opens and closes but as far as my Emachine EL1358G running windows 7 is concerned there is no D drive
a b $ Windows 7
September 24, 2013 11:06:44 PM

How old is the drive? It's possible it has failed. To rule out that as a possibility have you tried, with the computer off, to disconnect the power and data cables and then reconnect them? If not then try that and reboot the computer. If the drive is still not recognized then try connecting the data cable to another port on the motherboard. If that doesn't work then it is either a problem with the motherboard or the drive. The way to eliminate the motherboard as the source of the problem is to try a new drive if all else has failed.
September 24, 2013 11:24:36 PM

kenrivers said:
How old is the drive? It's possible it has failed. To rule out that as a possibility have you tried, with the computer off, to disconnect the power and data cables and then reconnect them? If not then try that and reboot the computer. If the drive is still not recognized then try connecting the data cable to another port on the motherboard. If that doesn't work then it is either a problem with the motherboard or the drive. The way to eliminate the motherboard as the source of the problem is to try a new drive if all else has failed.

Charles here ,, The PC is just over a year old but this issue started just a couple of months after I bought it maybe less .. I have just ignored it and burn disc on other PC . I have an extra I bought to burn discs on my XP . I guess I can try installing it to see after a re-connect attempt and rule out the motherboard . Thank you
!