Should i RMA my WD Blue?

thefalloutx

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hello, I bought a brand new 500gb WD Blue internal HDD for my Sony Laptop on 14 sep 2013(shipped by 16 sep).

But Today(25 sep 2013), i woke up with my computer yelling "Windows Detected Hard Drive Failure", I found out that Reallocation sector count was the problem.

Then i called WDC India Toll-free no. and got my RMA number. They told me it will take at least 3 weeks to replace the drive after they get it.

I am really worried because i have a Backup disk of only 320 GB and i can't really use my WD Blue disk for complete next month.

I want to ask about whether RMA is worth it or not? Can't i live with my defected disk? And how is the RMA experience with WD RMA in india and worldwide?

Solution

That explains!!!

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Hi,

RMA it for sure. Reallocation sector count goes up when the drive tries to block out broken sectors. If windows tells you about it, you have maybe a few days before it will completely fail.

Gabor

thefalloutx

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

So, do you think waiting for a 3-4 weeks and working on my Back up drive will be ok?

faisalthegamer

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I live in Chennai,India. And the service is Extraordinary!!!!! I have RMA my external hard disk 2 times till now, and I get the replacement within 2-3 days. I have no idea why they told 3 weeks for you. They toke my external at the most 1 week.

thefalloutx

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

May be because i live in Bhopal,MP, and they gave me address in Bangalore.
Preferred pick up date : 1 October 2013
Delivery within 3 weeks from date received.

faisalthegamer

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

That explains!!!

Solution