Help ASAP! GTX 660 crashes

Ike_

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
Hey guys I have had a problem for awhile now but it just got serious.
So since I started playing PlanetSide 2 I randomly get these moments when my screen goes black for about 5 seconds (GPU driver crash maybe?) and then it comes back up REALLY laggy. but just this morning when I tried to play my screen got theses weird multicolor artifacts and then went black and both my screens went blank I waited about 30 seconds and rebooted my PC. Has anyone else had these problems? is it my card, motherboard or PSU?

Full Specs:
i5-3570k
ASRock Z77 Pro3
EVGA GTX 660 FTW signature 2
Raidmax Hybrid 530watt
Lots of fans ;)
CM hyper212 evo for CPU cooling
CoolerMaster HAF 912

Ike_

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah drivers seemed to be the problem. Updating solved the black screen then it going laggy but not the total crash as a second one occurred after my update. I have however narrowed it down to PlanetSide 2 because I put the GPU through heaven on extreme and it didn't crash.

Soulraptor

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

For me I'm sticking with the older drivers, because once I update, it just crashes. Nice to you you solved your problem!

Ike_

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

No I actually didnt fix them :'( im out of town right now but when I get back im going to try and reinstall directX 11 and my EVGA drivers (clean install, safe mode and not the sound drivers since I use onboard sound)