2-way SLI GTX770's 2GB or 4GB for two monitors?

Qualtric

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm about to build a new PC and ask for your advice.
Basically from what I've read here is that 4GB is required for dual/triple monitor setups or resolutions over 1080p. The thing is that I don't game on the second screen, I just play YouTube videos on it and watch livestreams on Twitch while gaming, does this require 4GB or will 2GB do the trick?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
First, having two 2GB cards running in SLI will only give you a combined 2GB of usable memory, not 4GB like it would seem. Second, you only should really have over 2GB if you are GAMING on more than one monitor, usually at least three monitors for Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity. In your case, 2GB should suffice, but usually the 4GB upgrade on a card isn't that much of a pay increase, so it might be just worth it anyways to grab it.

In the end, you do not need the 4GB for your setup. Hope this helps.

legacyBIOS

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
First, having two 2GB cards running in SLI will only give you a combined 2GB of usable memory, not 4GB like it would seem. Second, you only should really have over 2GB if you are GAMING on more than one monitor, usually at least three monitors for Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity. In your case, 2GB should suffice, but usually the 4GB upgrade on a card isn't that much of a pay increase, so it might be just worth it anyways to grab it.

In the end, you do not need the 4GB for your setup. Hope this helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS