Possible GPU Failure?

Stokes8723

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
hello all and thanks for reading and assisting me. recently i was playing some blacklight retribution on my computer when it suddenly had no display and black screened and my monitor said no signal. i turned it back on and there were odd horizontal turquoise like lines across the screen. i have a warranty on the gpu so i didnt freak out too much. what confused me is i turned it on to try to trouble shoot it more and it worked and booted up to windows desktop and i played games on it for several hours before it did it again. when i first booted it up and it had those odd lines it would ask me to do not a complete system restore but backdate it a few days which i did and it seemed to work. sort of lost at what to try next. im not sure if it is hardware or software related so was hoping you all could help me out. this is my first build ive had it since april with no issues except the power supply went about a month ago. didnt have it plugged into a surge protector i guess it killed it. curious if it has something to do with the power supply or what i have no clue. ill post specs below. thanks again. i also took a few pictures of it when it turns on and in safe mode. it will run in safe mode but if i try to turn it on normally it will just go to no display then boot up again at the asus/windows loading and ask me to put it in safemode. anyway thanks for the answers. i appreciate it.

CPU- Intel 3750k
GPU- Geforce GTX 680
Motherboard- ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77
RAM- Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB
PSU- Corsair GS700

DjDafiDak

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Do you have any overclock on the GPU?

anyways, try removing all drivers in safe mode with a program called "driver sweeper"

then install newest drivers and see if the problem returns.

Stokes8723

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
yeah i think it might have one however im not sure if it is currently active. just confused since it was broken then started working again if it was indeed the physical hardware or the drivers

TRENDING THREADS