Does everything fit together in my new computer?

davidbjerremose

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hey people.

I recently decided that it was time for a pc upgrade and therefor started rigging together something I thought seemed worth buying. I double and triple checked everything regarding the specs and whether or not they fit together, but I'm just not sure if I've got everything right.

http://davidbjerremose.com/pc.html

That's the computer I'm trying to build. A "That looks fine, build it" or a "you have a problem here" would be greatly appreciated.

It's needed for ultra-res gaming on two screens and high-end video editing if you are wondering.

davidbjerremose

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

Yeah, but I'm thinking about running programs from the SSD and having data on the 1TB harddisk. But the rest fits together?

Anas Bashar

Distinguished

since you need the PC for both gaming and video editing, i would focus on the SSD & RAMs.
firstly, if you store the Data on the HDD then am not sure if this will give you any advantage on performance.
secondly, the expensive 2400Mhz rams; will you notice any real world difference while editing or gaming?

i would wait for a memory expert here to address these two issues. because you may otherwise go for a better GPU like the GTX780, or get a better monitor .

davidbjerremose

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

I took your advice and turned down the RAM to 2133 Mhz - but the GPU remains the same for now. And sorry for the confusion, by programs I also meant games - ie. storing my games on the SSD, thereby making them run faster. The editing part should be able to run entirely from the HDD

Anas Bashar

Distinguished

ok in that case this is a nice build.
about the RAMs, well i did that too, i got 2133Mhz. though what ever review i've read indicated that you will not notice the difference between 1600 and 2400 in gaming, you might get a relatively better performance in video editing. but i got these RAMs coz anyway coz they feel cool :p, plus i've been saving for a while.

if you like the GPU then keep it, how you feel about your components is important.
good luck with the new Build. :)

davidbjerremose

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

I just ordered it, so thank you for your guidance. It helped put things into perspective :)

Anas Bashar

Distinguished

you are welcome, tell us what happens when you build it.