Sign in with
Your question

Please help! FPS extremely low

Last response: in Video Games
September 26, 2013 4:58:58 PM

I have had my computer for about a month. I have had no problems with it previously and installation was perfect and it was very easy to set up. I could run about every game I have on somewhere between 30-60 fps on maxed out settings, until about 3 days ago. Now, for some reason, I can barely run any game at all. I've made no hardware changes, but I'm getting unplayable lag. I am running the game on the exact same settings as before, and no matter how low I make the settings I can't adjust the performance. I have tried reinstalling the gpu drivers, but that hasn't helped at all. I don't have a clue what I could have changed to make this happen, and I hope it is fixable. Please help!

i7 3770k
GTX 660 Ti
1 TB HDD
8 GB Corsair Vengeance

More about : fps extremely low

September 26, 2013 5:12:53 PM

Check for overheating and viruses. Did you install anything that could be an issue?
September 26, 2013 6:09:59 PM

simon12 said:
Check for overheating and viruses. Did you install anything that could be an issue?

No overheating and after a full system scan nothing bad was found.
Related resources
September 27, 2013 4:02:11 AM

Check if the CPU or GPU are running at 100% usage.
September 27, 2013 11:45:22 AM

simon12 said:
Check if the CPU or GPU are running at 100% usage.

nevermind, I feel so stupid now. My HDMI cord was plugged into my mobo instead of my gpu
September 27, 2013 1:43:40 PM

Lol! When I helped my friend pick out parts for his first build a while back, he did the same thing when he hooked it up.
!