Want to advance my knowledge in computer components...

Shubunkus

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Hello everybody! I am 15 and about a year and a half ago I got really into computer hardware, programming, and games and ended up saving up money from small jobs for about a year to afford a custom computer that I built myself. Anyways, recently I have started to actually think about other features about the components other than clock speed and the such and have found out that there are a lot of things I don't understand (like CUDA cores on a GPU for example). I tried looking up these things individually on the internet but I can't seem to find anything to my satisfaction so I am wondering if there are any books, sites, podcast's, YouTube channels, etc that could go in depth to basically everything there is withing a computer component. Also, what is a good way to stay on-top of new technology. I'm subscribed to LinusTechTips and NCIX on YouTube and I read PC Gamer. How are the articles here on tom'sHardware? Any help is appreciated and if you have any questions as to what exactly I am looking for, let me know! :)

RealBeast

Titan
IMO while the articles here and on a couple of other sites are good, I pick up the most in depth knowledge on current hardware issues by selectively reading posts in the particular forums of interest here.

And you can always post questions for an area of interest just to learn something and not to fix current problems.

Shubunkus

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013

Yeah, that's a good idea and I'll probably still do that but I want all the resources I can get so I can just have the best understanding I can possibly have.

TRENDING THREADS