Your opinions on my 1st custom PC components

PregnantNproud

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hi guys.

I set out to basically build a setup that would produce graphics as good as or preferably better than Xbox One or PS4. And of course for any game I play to run nice and smooth so nice high framerates.

So, max settings at 1920x1200, with graphics enhancer mods.

I say 1920x1200 because i'm using my setup on my 55" UE55D6500 LED TV.

How does my spec look? I tried to save money where I can. But still intend on choosing some of the most demanding games such as Arma 3, FSX and Crysis 3 for example. I will overclock the CPU using BIOS to add a little more future proofing tothe equation.

CPU: NEW! AMD FX 9370 Black Edition

CPU Cooler: NEW! Coolermaster Seidon 120V Water Cooler

Operating System: Windows 8 Home 64bit

Motherboard: NEW! Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (1x8GB)

Hard Drive: 500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: NEW! XFX AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse

Case: Zalman Z9 Plus

PSU: 850W Corsair TX V2

Warranty: 3 Year PromoCare Warranty

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
The only thing I would add is a SSD. It would definitely bump up your speed a bit. I would also have gone with 2 4GB Ram sticks just to take full advantage of dual channel and unless you're planning on adding a second GPU I may have selected a lower wattage PSU. Other than that, I'm jealous. I want to know how the 9370 performs.

PregnantNproud

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

An SSD for faster loading times? And yes I hear you about the PSU. Perhaps DINOPC were a bit worried as AMD CPU's eat so much wattage. And I may overclock a little... But at least I have some spare power for an upgrade in future.

What benefit would i gain from using 2x4 RAM instead of 1x8?

And don't worry i'll upload a video on youtube when I get it - just tell me what you want to see.

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Yeah, the SSD can definitely add a bit of extra oomph to loading times. There really isn't much to gain from using the 2x4 RAM other than full use of the dual channel nature of the memory. I don't think it's a big gain so it's not a huge difference but I guess if the price is the same it never hurts to get a little extra. By the way, I love the Seidon cooler. I maxed the fan speed so it's a bit loud, but I'll deal with it as my CPU core temps are always within a comfortable range.

I just can't wait to see how the new CPU performs. There's a lot of love for the 8350 on here from us AMD fans, but I don't think I've really seen much yet on the 9370.