Accidently made primary monitor 2nd, now I have no display

Crunchyrat

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
I was changing resolution and clicked on the wrong display option making my primary monitor into a secondary, disabling my display. Now I have no display. This is an Nvidia 640gt card. I do not have a secondary monitor. I do not have a dvi-d adaptor for the second port (first is dvi), so I can't just swap the cable. I pulled the card out and plugged back into integrated graphics but I can't use Nvidia settings to change it back as I get a message that no Nvidia card is installed (as I had to pull it out just to see my computer). I only get options for my onboard graphics, which are not a problem. How do I toggle the nvidia card back to the correct monitor slot if I can't even see anything when using the card so can not access the settings? I uninstalled all Nvidia files hoping to clear the settings, but did not work. If I have the card running, I wouldn't even know how to change the settings 'blind' as I can't see to even get past the login screen. How do I reset this to default?

boot into safe mode f8 with onboard gpu set as first video output in the bios and uninstall the nvidia software and reboot.on reboot let windows install the nvidia driver. then install the nvidia software and then reboot go into the bios and set the gpu as main output save and exit and then move the video cable to the gpu. on newer intel and amd mb you can turn on muilt monitor and have both the ipgpu and gpu running at the same time.