Will my Dedicated GPU work if my CPU has Integrated graphics?

I am going to be building my first gaming rig in a few months, I've been selecting the parts for weeks and so far I only have my CPU and GPU picked out. I'm fairly new to building computers and getting specific with the hardware inside a computer, so I am sorry for this newbie question. Will my GPU (AMD Radeon HD 7970) work with my CPU (Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge)? I ask this because the processor already has an Integrated graphics card in it (Intel HD 4000).

Also, as a side question, will this pair be a good match for gaming on one monitor (I will have two but one will just be for random searching, YouTube, Netflix, etc.)? I will be playing Arma II, Arma III, BF3, BF4, and other games that require a good Graphics card and Processor. My goal is to play any game I'd like on max with at least 40-60 FPS. Any tips are appreciated and thank you in advance for your answers.
2 answers Last reply
More about dedicated gpu work cpu integrated graphics
  1. Yes it will work fine. When you plug in your dedicated GPU, your iGPU usually gets disabled automatically. And yes, that's a good pair.
  2. Yes of course it will work. Just remember to plug your vga cable from the monitor to the gpu not the motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics GPUs Computers CPUs