best HD 7870

thenay

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Theoretically, the Gigabyte HD 7870 would have higher performance because it's clocked a bit higher. The cooling on both these cards are great, and it is debatable which one is better. If there is a difference in performance and cooling, it wouldn't be by much. In my opinion they are both great cards and are about the same in performance. I would personally get the Sapphire one because simply it's cheaper, with pretty much the same performance and it looks kind of better aesthetically (in my personal opinion).

Vivek Viru

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

Vivek Viru

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
but i saw some comments in forums that sapphire card has more problems of all hd 7870s like black screen,screen stuttering, freezing of display etc. after playing for hours...:( is that right.? any idea about that card's cons.? :(

thenay

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Every graphics card is going to have negative feedback, some people are going to experience problems and that's only human. If you search hard enough you will find negative feedback from Gigabyte 7870 owners. Either way, if you do encounter these problems you have warranty that goes for 2 years, so you can just send it back and get a new card. If you are persuaded that the Gigabyte one is better, by all means choose that one. They are both great brands

Vivek Viru

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013