AMD Athlon X2 7750 Bottleneck

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hi, I'm asking from experienced user who had this CPU (AMD Athlon X2 7750) if it would slow down an ASUS Radeon HD 7770 at gaming without AA ( I never use it even if it's capable for higher 30 FPS) at 1440*900 resolution. I plan to keep this PC for another 2 years and if it's not necessary to upgrade to AMD Phenom II X4 945 I would put some money into SSD.

... also I do use Photoshop (but mainly Photomerge for Focus Stacking or Pannorama) and Lightroom but I don't think a quad core would improve my experience because of old P-ATA hard drive.

I choose to upgrade instead of replacement because I plan to buy a 17" desktop replacement notebook and to wait and see how the Linux gaming environment would evolve after the latest announcements, like SteamOS and API replacements (aka alternatives) to Microsoft's Direct X API.

kookie3010

Honorable
I think it wont bottleneck.it should do just fine with the 7770 for the mean time.but an upgraded cpu is also good as u will be able to upgrade to a more powerful cards in the future.maybe upgrade it to the intel series as intel has a better architecture than amd.