MSI Z87 MPower vs MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

I had decided on all my parts and was literally about to step out of the door to buy my CPU and Mobo from Fry's (everything else I ordered online). The parts I would have bought would have been the Intel Core i5 4670k + MSI Z87-G45 gaming.

At the last minute, I decided to browse Fry's ad, which was updated today, and to my surprise, I see that they have an Intel Core i5-4670k + MSI Z87 MPower combo for only $389. After doing a price match with Fry's, my original parts would have cost $385.

I am now confused on whether or not I should switch to the MPower board. Everywhere I checked online has the MPower priced at least $50 more. Is it really better? I compared the list of features, and they were mostly the same. The only thing I noticed were 2 more SATA slots, 2 more USB 3.0, and some new features like WiFi, BlueTooth, and WiDi.

Under normal circumstances, I would have jumped the gun and bought the MPower. However, I had originally wanted to go with a black and red color scheme (I have the gunmetal NZXT phantom 410 case with a side window). I'm just worried that the yellow will look a bit ugly and out of place? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about msi z87 mpower msi z87 g45 gaming
  1. Might look at the Asus Gryphon or the Asus Hero, won't touch MSI for builds, poor QC
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Motherboards MSI-Microstar