Sign in with
Your question

MSI Z87 MPower vs MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

Last response: in Motherboards
September 27, 2013 5:19:54 PM

I had decided on all my parts and was literally about to step out of the door to buy my CPU and Mobo from Fry's (everything else I ordered online). The parts I would have bought would have been the Intel Core i5 4670k + MSI Z87-G45 gaming.

At the last minute, I decided to browse Fry's ad, which was updated today, and to my surprise, I see that they have an Intel Core i5-4670k + MSI Z87 MPower combo for only $389. After doing a price match with Fry's, my original parts would have cost $385.

I am now confused on whether or not I should switch to the MPower board. Everywhere I checked online has the MPower priced at least $50 more. Is it really better? I compared the list of features, and they were mostly the same. The only thing I noticed were 2 more SATA slots, 2 more USB 3.0, and some new features like WiFi, BlueTooth, and WiDi.

Under normal circumstances, I would have jumped the gun and bought the MPower. However, I had originally wanted to go with a black and red color scheme (I have the gunmetal NZXT phantom 410 case with a side window). I'm just worried that the yellow will look a bit ugly and out of place? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
a c 554 4 Gaming
a c 1505 V Motherboard
September 27, 2013 9:27:32 PM

Might look at the Asus Gryphon or the Asus Hero, won't touch MSI for builds, poor QC
!