Guys what you think about this build?

atavanhalen00

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hello TH Community, I am looking forward to build a whole new system, I had a budget of about $700 but I had to spend part of the money I have so I got left with $500. Now Im really excited of having a new system so with the remaining money I have pieced together this build and i want to hear your thoughts about it.

Intel Core i5-4570 3.2 Ghz Haswell
G.Skill Ripjaws X 8Gb 1600Mhz
Gigabyte B85 Sniper 5 Mobo
CM Storm Scout II
Seasonic M12II-620

Also, I can actually wait for a month more so i can get back the budget higher do you think I should wait and get the i5-4670k or i7 and a Z87 mobo instead or this is already good enough?

Notes: PC will be used for school and gaming, and I am so much leaning to getting an i7 thinking itll be better in the future where I can use the OC to match new cpu's and hyperthreading.

Already have a GPU and HDD.

Thanks in advanced :)

atavanhalen00

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Well you'll have more cores/logical cores. My GPU is HD7850

Anas Bashar

Distinguished

more cores/logical cores for what exactly, if you do not have a specific application that will benefit from this, then why not save the money now and buy a new GPU in the near future? AMD have a nice new line to be released soon.

If the price is a lot cheaper just get a 520W Seasonic instead. I use one....and overclock a i5-2500k and 660ti. You can easily run a non K cpu and 7850 on 520W. I bet you could even do it on 430W, but I wouldn't suggest buying that low of a PSU for future changes.

atavanhalen00

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hey Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure it can handle it but the price difference here is not very significant so i went with 620 watts. Anyway do you think the above components are good? or it can be better?

Anas Bashar

Distinguished

Can you provide a link to the mentioned mobo? The name here is a bit confusing.