Building "Future-Proof" Gaming PC [Noob]?

ThaHeRow

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
Alright hey everyone. I've been trying to find the best bang for my buck when it comes to preparing for the games that are coming up in future times, but I have no idea which kind of PC build would be the best. I don't really know too much about building a gaming pc yet, so I thought I would be better off just asking the pros what kind of build I should get for my range. The range I'm going for is about $600-1200 because if I spend alot more than that I'll end up poor. Lol. Anyway I was wondering about intel i5's and i7's, because I've been seeing people recommend i5's more for gaming than i7's. Is there a reason for this? Or is it just because the i7 is overkill? I may want an i7, because I do make videos, and I would be able to take advantage of the i7's hyperthreading technology. But, if it's not necessary, then I wouldn't mind just keeping the i5 or any comparable build. :) What is the BEST future-proof(or closest to) build I can get for this range? Please help! Thanks

Raheel Hasan

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
i7 4770k
ASUS Z87 or gigabyte Z87 motherboard
8Gb ram
7970 gpu
corsair tx650 psu

i7 have no advantage in gaming over i5 but it is useful for ur video editing work.AMD is going to release their next series so if u waut u can get graphics card much cheaper