Current headset broke, looking to buy a new one.

Your choice for headset

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubunkus

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Recently my Turtle Beach PX21's broke and I have been looking to get new headsets (with microphones) more catered towards PC gaming. I have been looking around and there's three brands with two models of headsets that I am looking at and was wondering if anybody had any personal experience or any advice to help me make a decision. I have also already done some research and have a some pros and cons for each one (Please correct me if some of my points are wrong.)

1. SteelSeries Siberia v2 for ~$70
PROS: Cheapest, have heard good reviews, headband contorts to shape of your head
CONS: Speakers are circular and ears are not which means the top and bottom of my ears will start to hurt from being pressed down, only stereo sound (not that big of a problem, though)

2. SteelSeries Siberia v2 USB w/ USB soundcard for ~$90
PROS: Almost the same as above except also has virtual 7.1 surround sound
CONS: Same speaker shape as above and more expensive than above

3. Roccat Kave 5.1 for ~$80
PROS: Real 5.1 surround sound, nice speaker shape to fit the ears nicely.
CONS: Heavy, I also read somewhere that to get the full 5.1 sound I would have to invest in a quality sound card which would make it cost more than it needs to.

4. Roccat Kave 5.1 XTD for ~ $170
PROS: More advanced than above
CONS: Most expensive, not out yet

5. Asus Vulcan Pro for ~$130
PROS: Noise cancelling, virtual 7.1 surround sound, perfect ear shape, carrying case included
CONS: Second most expensive but for better reasons than Roccat Kave

6. Asus Vulcan ANC for ~$100 (not sure about all the differences between the ANC and PRO versions
PROS: Noise cancelling
CONS: Think it is stereo sound.

Any advice is appreciated. All these headsets are on sale so quicker replies would be much appreciated (if there are any other sub-forums this could be posted in let me know). At this point, my preferences are as such:

1. ASUS 2. SteelSeries 3. Roccat

Also, what is the SteelSeries Siberia v2 Frost Blue Edition?

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I haven't tested everything on your list, but between your tops two choices I'd pick the Siberia V2. The vulcan's surround sound was a bit tinny and didn't have as wide a soundstage as the V2s even though it was nearly twice as much.

either way they're both solid performers, though you get more bang for your buck with the Siberia V2.

happy gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.