Will anything go wrong if I unplug everything?

trevor426

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I want to do some cable management on my PC and I was wondering if unplugging all that stuff could hurt any of the components inside. My PSU has a switch so I'm guessing as long as that's turned off I should be okay right?

As long as that rocker switch is off, and you are not plugged into a power source (the wall) you have nothing to worry about. Unless you physically break something, there is no electrical risk.

trevor426

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

Awesome thanks for the quick reply

That is not entirely true. Many first time users are able to custom build their pcs the first time, no issues, my self included. If a 16 year old high school student can custom build a pc with no assistance, then cable management is no issue.

ok ,thats front your point off view. I am Cuban and here its really hard to get a PC. so pople have learned to really take care of their things, i can put a lot of examples of mising details,(PSUs wrong plugs,etc) is imposible that all of them put things together, everybody is not ecual, so I just gave him the most safer advise

With current power supplies the cables can only go one place, if it dont fit, dont put it there. It alot more expensive to have someone else do it than to think, well this one has 4 pins, this one has 6. Well not that one.