is my pc up to the next gen?

Apocoliptia

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
is my pc up to the next gen?

i5 2500k 3.3Ghz, P8P67 Pro Mk3, 8GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600, Corsair CX500, XFX DD 3GB R7950 90

Mattios

Honorable

Yes it will be fine. If you have a little more budget it might be worth upgrading from the CX to a TX or AX or another brand (XFX, OCZ etc) and a slightly higher wattage for future expandability.

Also I assume you have a hard disk/SSD?

should be fine. perhaps not maxing out all next gen games (such as the next crysis style games which always cripple even high end systems) but in general i dont see a problem with the system you are using as far as performance is concerned.

a 500w psu is cutting it close to average system maximum power usage (typically about 450w)... so there isnt as much wiggle room as there should be (below 85% usage of capacity is preferred) but seeing as how it has worked thus far for gaming you should be fine. if you intend to do any serious upgrading though (lets say some new high end gpu) i'd also look at a new psu. again... only if you were going to upgrade but dont worry about it if you are staying as is.

Apocoliptia

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
cool thanks guys. can easily stretch to a new PSU. think I'm going to wait a bit longer for a new GPU. probably next year.

In terms of consoles, your machine easily outguns them.

Next gen games on the PC space, yea you would be fine for medium-high settings at 1080p for at least I would say the next two years with that set up.

Marcopolo123

Honorable

plenty plenty plenty
recent and upcoming games high->max. settings 1080p ~40-50+ fps