Is the CM Sphere good enough for FX 8120 ?

dz_designer

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello every one :);
I recently got an AMD Fx 8120 along side with a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3(rev1.1) and a Sapphire hd 78501gb ,instead of getting the stock cooler the vendor decided to give me a Cooler master CM Sphere for free which is an old design but stylish cooler, I’ve run out of budget so I kept my old gigabyte GZ-X6 case (came with it 420 Watts psu) and my KTC 19" lcd monitor.
Every things seemed good after mounting the little rig and installing AMD overdrive and EasyTune, 35 to 45° idle temp, it’s just two clicks on Metro LL or Sniper 2 and troubles begins to appear.. grey annoying horizontal lines moving up and down the screen and the CPU temp jumps to over then 75° after minutes of gaming with the case opened. I thought that was some thing wrong with the thermal compound, so I remounted the cooler with a new one, but got no good result, i updated the bios nothing..:(:(
Giving the fact that I’m SAHARA citizen, is the CM Sphere a good cooling solution for 8 core processor? Or i should spend more? ,I just don't want to have nuclear meltdown into the case after a half hour of gaming..or seconds of rendering
Thanks in advance :)

tomosh22

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2013
if the cpu isnt overclocked to like 6ghz then its most likely not the cooler, try using the stock amd cooler and post what happens