lenovo laptop to tv

amylee22

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Currently having issues with my lenovo laptop and toshiba tv. My laptop screen cracked some time ago and so i removed this leaving only connecting wires & plastic frame work. I was able to use the laptop by connecting hdmi straight to tv. My boyfriend suddenly unplugged the laptop from the hdmi cable and plugged in his xbox 360.. he could not get this to work. Simce then i am no longer able to connect the laptop to tv. I have purchased a new hdmi cable but thid has made no difference. I have a feeling the output settings have auto changed but as i have no laptop screen i am unable to check the idividual didplay setting. I am able to hear the laptop loading. Any suggestions would be helpful.

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I had a similar issue on my old laptop (backlight went out). Your laptop probably reset to default output and needs to be changed to HDMI manually. Its possible you could just turn it off, plug the HDMI in with the TV on, then turn the laptop on and it might go straight to HDMI. If not your stuck with hooking the screen back up so you can change the video options.

amylee22

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

have tried this and also tried using the fn shortcuts to change the output options, but still nothing. unable to hook a screen up as i dont have one.. this was my only way to view laptop for a number of months and now it wont work.

i

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

One last thing I can think of as a possibility, with no video I'm assuming you turned it off by holding the power button or pulling the battery. Windows may have shut down incorrectly and when you start it, it might be asking if it wants to start in safe mode. Try turning it on and waiting 30 seconds to a minute then press enter then wait another 30 seconds to a minute press enter, type in your password if you have one then enter to login. Wait another 30 and try the FN keys.

You know far better than I do how long it takes to start your computer so if it takes more ore less time than that you can adjust the wait times.

Hope it works.

TRENDING THREADS