Acer Aspire 7740-6656 won't recognize new battery or allow new BIOs update

Status
Not open for further replies.

chouette

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I have an Acer Aspire 7740 that won't let me download the new BIOs. I've even had an IT professional look at it, and he has tried installing lower versions of the BIOs leading up to the most recent version, and he can't get the computer to accept the bios program downloaded from the Acer website. I discovered this problem because my computer won't accept a new battery. The thinking is the new bios should allow the computer to recognize the new battery. At the end of the day, I really just wanted my computer to accept the new battery. What do you recommend? The computer is no longer under warranty (purchased in 2010). Thanks!!

chouette

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
After reading several communications on this forum, I think the problem is a voltage issue. My old battery was 10.8v, 4400mAh 48Wh and the new one is 11.1v, 4400mAh 49 Wh.

I think this new battery, thus, will never be recognized and I probably need to find the same exact old battery voltage. If anyone else has new learnings for me on this though, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.