Xbox won't connect to Internet with Ethernet cable.

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I've had my Xbox for a while and I have been playing on it for a while. Once I got my new router the only thing I could do was play my xbox on wireless network which lags way to much. Any way to fix this? I wanna play! I use Ethernet wired connection and it only works when I use my laptop as a router it indeed does work online. I'm still in progress of going to my firewall and port forwarding my xbox but if that doesn't work are there any other ways?

I didn't quite understand all of this, particulary where the laptop comes into play. You need to configure the xbox to run via ethernet instead of wireless. If your router has an option to create a DMZ, place the xbox in the DMZ.

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

No I use the laptop as a wireless adapter by plugging in the Ethernet cord to play but that lags

Ah, sorry, I didn't see it say you are using your laptop as a router in your first post. Why can't use use a wired connection to your router? You don't explain what happens when you try to use a wired connection to your router.

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

I already tried doing everything xbox.com says and btw it sometimes says can't connect to Internet and sometimes says can't connect to xbox live and mostly I can get online sometimes but I can only message friends and join parties. I can't download anything or play any games online. This happens when I use my Ethernet cord. It just says some xbox live content is unavailable.

It sounds like the router's firewall is blocking the necessary ports you need. You can either go to microsoft's site and see which ports the xbox requires to be open, or read your router manual on how to setup a DMZ, then put the xbox in the DMZ.

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

I tried all of that I don't think I'm doing I right though I found my router website unblocked all the ports for the xbox but my router doesn't say enable dmz

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

Well I have a 2wire 3600hgv. AT&T U-Verse. I'll get the link soon.

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

Ok I do now know that there's nothing wrong with my xbox since even my friends doesn't work but it works at his house so yeah it's something with my firewall

Ouch, Uverse is a different kind of beast. the best I can help you is to provide you with these links.

Here is how to port forward:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413180&cv=812#fbid=e_HEr_ikvSu

There is no tru DMZ mode on this specific modem, but here is a solution that may work for you. See the "community accepted solution".

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/td-p/2707013

Sorry I can't be of more help.

xXGruntKillerXx

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

Thanks for helping anyway I'll try all those links.