Found a £397 PC, would anyone be able to check the specs? Purpose: Gaming

iAkmal

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Found a £397 PC, would anyone be able to check the specs? Purpose: Gaming. I want to play League of Legends on it, Minecraft, Smite, and maybe some more games later on:

Motherboard : Gigabyte 78LMT USB 3.0 Motherboard Technology

CPU : AMD Piledriver FX 4350 4.3ghz Quad Core 12mb Cache

Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive

Memory : 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Memory
Graphics Card : Nvidia GT610 2gb Graphic Card With HDMI

Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer Sata DVD Writer

Operating System : Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit With Disc and License

Power Supply : 500 Watt Branded Power Supply

Alot of you are saying that the Graphics card are bad. Here is an updated specs list:

I found another computer lower that price, may you check this please:

Motherboard : Gigabyte H61 USB 3 Motherboard Technology
CPU : Intel Core I3 3220 3.3ghz CPU
Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 2gb GDDR5 With HDMI
Power Supply : 750 Watt Branded Power Supply

iAkmal

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I play LoL on a laptop, on low settings, with really crap graphics. It's a 2ghz computer with intel hd graphics. It runs ok on low settings.

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

That graphics card is trash. You could buy the rig though, as the rest of the parts are actually quite good, and then just upgrade the GPU on your own. I'd recommend that or just search for a new one. For the games you're talking about, I think you should buy this GPU for it:

http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=8BacdVP0GFs&offerid=194009.76170&type=15&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cclonline.com%2Fproduct%2F76170%2F11202-00-20G%2FGraphics-Cards%2FSapphire-Radeon-HD7750-1GB-Graphics-Card%2FVGA0544%2F

iAkmal

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

iAkmal

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Id go with that one then. The upgradeability of parts, namely the CPU, is better, and it already comes with a GPU that's about equivalent to the one I suggested you buy. However, idk how you're getting a 750 W PSU or even a 500 W PSU in a rig for less than £400. It sounds like it's probably a tier 5 PSU which can be very dangerous. Can you find out what the name of the PSU is?

iAkmal

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

Hey,

Sorry was at College. I found this pc at ebay. It is an actual built PC and NOT separate parts. it does not include an OS either. What do you mean by PSU? I can find the link to ebay for you...if I can find it...

UPDATE: I cannot find the link sadly...

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Yea I hadn't assumed it was individual parts and considering the price it was pretty implicit that this thing must be preowned.

PSU means power supply unit. For future, if you see someone referring to wattage in the context of a "PSU" then there's a pretty good chance that they're talking about the power supply. Plus google is pretty helpful when it comes to defining acronyms.

Anyway, I found the link to it on a different site.
http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/custom-built-computers/z9-u3-3-3ghz-intel-core-i3-3220-1tb-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-gtx-650-2gb-windows-7-pc.html

It's not preowned, but the price is still pretty alright. It'll game and has room for upgrades. Unfortunately, they don't list the power supply brand there. That's not good. That rig would only require around 300W at best, and that's being generous. For them to throw in a 750 W PSU and then still charge such a low price for something that isn't preowned is a red flag in my opinion.

You could still buy it.
Probable scenario: it's a tier 4 or 5 PSU but it only ends up outputting lets say 400 W, which is still more than sufficient for your needs.

Best case scenario: it's somehow not a tier 5 PSU and it actually does output 750 W meaning it has plenty of longevity and room for future upgrades.

Worst case scenario: it blows up on you and fries your parts.

I still say it's a good buy, even if it's not preowned (plus this one comes wit Windows 7). I think you should buy it but ensure you have a good £30 or £50 to spend post-purchase. Then, once you receive it check the brand and model of the power supply (it's usually located on lower back of the desktop; you might have to take off the side panel to see it) and then just post the name of the brand and model here and either I or someone else will tell you if you should replace it.