Destop Configuration To Deliver Higher Performance

atanusarkar87

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
i am planning to buy a desktop with following configuration. processor- intel i7 4960x , mother board - intel BD82X79-PCH, 16GB Kingstone HyperX Predator DDR3-1866, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB, corsair HX850 smps. Is this configuration right ? Will it deliver higher performance ?

atanusarkar87

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Thanks. But i dont know if graphics card is necessary when i dont want to play games. Please suggest me a proper configuration with i7 4960x

ihog

Distinguished
You literally need a graphics card because there is no graphics processor on the CPU. If you don't get a graphics card, you won't be able to see anything on the screen, since you can't connect to a monitor.

What are you going to be using this expensive computer for

ihog

Distinguished
You literally need a graphics card because there is no graphics processor on the CPU. If you don't get a graphics card, you won't be able to see anything on the screen, since you can't connect to a monitor.

What are you going to be using this expensive computer for?

atanusarkar87

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Ok. If i go for NVIDIA Quadro Graphics card for desktop, will it be proper? I am thinking a change in Configuration. Please take a look and suggest me

Processor :
Intel core i7 4820K ,
Mother Board :
BD82X79 PCH (Intel x79 express chipset),
RAM:
DDR3 16GB Kingstone HyperX Predator - (DDR3-1866),
HDD:
Seagate 2TB Barracuda XT(sata III, 6.0GB/s),

SMPS:
Corsair HX850,
Graphics:
NVIDIA Quadro will it be proper ? I am thinking a change in configuration

atanusarkar87

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
i have three projects running currently. So to keep their records i have talked to a software developing farm. They said that they will provide me vb.net based softwares. And i am planning for my business expansions also. I want to set up a system to keep my all business records. For that i need a higher performance delivering desktop.

atanusarkar87

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Actually i dont have those softwares right now. I talked to a software developing farm. They are currently working on my requirement. I just know they will develop these softwares based on vb.net. These softwares will be keeping a secure database to keep all records. Please assume these need a GPU. Please suggest me a proper configuration.

First lose that intel mobo.
Get Asus PRO or gigabyte UP4
Then look 1866MHz memory 1.5V G.Skill or ?
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f314900cl8q16gbzm

Get that intel 4930k CPU.
Good cpu cooler.
Like http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu14s

SSD samsung pro 256GB and maybe other samsung evo- if you need bigger.
Then HDD seagate 3TB maybe 2-4 for RAID ?

HX 850 is old. Better buy is corsair new RM.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-rm850
I think 750w is enough for your needs but 850w sure is enough. RM is really silent.
Fan is not spinning under 40% load.

Then video card?
Get 780 or something like that.. maybe that Quadro is good?
Your guess is probably as good as ours in this forum.
Best ask program developper what he thinks is going to work best ?