Especially weird problem. fps/stutter/freeze/crash/lagg

Dyllan Houston

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
I've been having this really weird problem for a long time now.
When playing LoL my computer might randomly freeze, forcing me to restart it.
This has been so random but all I can say is that I've always had spotify open. The sound stops and glitches in an infinite loop in that exact second it stopped.
Furthermore I have been having a really weird issue with the fps.
I usually get from 70-100 fps if I go for "high framerate". When using both wired and wireless connection. I have been having trouble with my wireless connection lately and I've been getting this horrible stutter whenever I use both my wireless and wired connection.
If I disable my wireless N, the stutter will stop, but my fps will be immensely lowered to about 40fps, which I myself can't play very good at. The wireless stutter is consistent even if I'm not playing LoL.

I've tried updating drivers on my wireless and DPC latency show clear spikes when turning my wireless on and off in device manager. I run a crossfire setup with two AMD radeon hd 7870's
on running at x16 and the other x4. I had problems with installing the newest drivers with these graphics cards but it worked after installing a proper directx file from intel's own site.

My BIOS is m5a97 r2.0 which i haven't updated the driver to yet. May this be the problem?
Also one of my high definition audio controllers are showing a warning sign in device manager, but I can't seem to update it by any means.

Dyllan Houston

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

If I turn off one of the graphics cards or turn off crossfire (last time I checked) my pc wouldn't be able to get through the windows logo.

I have updated the graphics cards, but I'd have to get a system backup before I would do anything of that again, because I always had to system restore in safe mode after I turned crossfire off.
I would love to only have one on and be done with it if it performs well on it's own.
But I'd have to take the time making it ready for another system restore...
I've updated my BIOS and will try it out now. if it doesn't work I'll try disabling crossfire then disabling one of the gpu's.

Archean_0-1354672

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Assuming its a desktop, you could always physically remove a card, although its probably a simple fix...after you try whatever it is that you are going to try, Open up AMD catalyst and reset it (everything?) to default or factory settings, etc. That seems to help GTX SLI issues I've come across...

Dyllan Houston

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
It might be a malware.
but it's weird it's only on the wireless connection. I saw someone posting about it being a malware to a botnet in a minecraft forum. I'll try running malwarebytes on safemode to see what it finds.

wish me luck

Dyllan Houston

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

No, when both are connected and wireless goes bananas the whole pc stutters.

Dyllan Houston

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

cooler master haf-x big tower.
2x AMD radeon hd 7870
m5a97 r2.0
AMD fx - 4100 quad 3.6ghz
16GB memory