Help Me Figure Out What To Replace.

necrohhh

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello all,

I currently have a computer that now doesn't turn on at all, I'll go through everything that has happened, and hopefully you guys can inform me on what to replace.

Yesterday while gaming, my soundcard literally sounded as if I unplugged and re-plugged it into the SATA port, I thought "hmm...That was weird" and thought nothing more, as I was typing an email earlier today about 15 hours since that incident, I blue screened, I thought nothing of it, except for "What the hell, whatever" restarted to find my motherboard asking me to choose a proper boot drive, I then went into my UEFI and found that it was no longer reading my SSD, just my HDD, and my Blu-Ray Drive. I then took my computer out, dusted everything, plugged it back, no fixes, after attempting everything from digging out a new SATA cable, switching ports, going from 3GB/S to 6GB/S I finally thought "Bricked SSD...Darn.." as I admitted defeat, I plugged back in my HDD and thought I just had to go shopping for a new SSD, as I went to turn on my computer, no power, I then took apart, and re-constructed the whole computer, to no avail, now I have a 100% bricked computer.

My main question,

Bricked motherboard seems the obvious answer, right? If not, what else should I be testing and looking for before I go buy a new motherboard just to find out it was something else.

Thanks,
Necro

Try that SSD with working sata cable with only DVD / blue ray connected to system. Reset bios and install windows new copy.
if it works.

What is MoBo brand and model?
Sata connectors can be under different controllers. So if you have like marvell drivers they do not work under intel controller.
Remember to put in right bios values after reset.