Computer won't boot with graphics card seated

Virium

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
It ran fine for hours with the new card (ASUS Radeon HD 7750 V2) on a few occasions. Then when I restarted after installing drivers from AMD's website (after finding that the ones on included disk and ASUS's site both didn't work for some reason), it suddenly wouldn't boot. Both the computer and monitor draw power, but the monitor cycles between being blank and on for about a second each. When on, it displays a black screen with the cursor moving away from the center if I'm moving the mouse, and no other signs to show that it's booting.

I've double checked and confirmed that it's not the motherboard or RAM, and in fact it boots fine right now when using the internal graphics card. It uses windows 8 and a 280W PSU... which seemed fine for a long time. Nothing (including PSU) is running hot at all now, nor back when the problem first started.

I've tried re-seating the card a few times with no success and don't really know what else to try now. My only thought is a higher wattage PSU but I don't know if that could even cause this, and don't really want to buy one if I don't have to - and like I said, it worked fine for a bit before.