I need a quiet (not silent) air cpu cooler that work tilted on its side and is relatively cheap. Any suggestions

schulace

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
If at all possible, it should also vent sideways, because I am currently not using any case fans. I am using an amd socket am3 processor, and the CPU has reached a max temperature of 36 degrees Celsius at 100% load with no case fans running.

schulace

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

My main reason for needing one is that my stock cooler is too loud, and I am also thinking of upgrading my dual core athlon processor to a quad core phenom

schulace

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Thank you for the suggestion, but are you sure that this will work when tilted on its side? I know that heatpipes use some liquid inside them which pools at the bottom and is then evaporated by the CPU, and goes to the top and condenses, but unless this one has wicks in the pipes, it probably won't work if tilted on its side, am I right?

Almost all coolers now use the liquid wicks, the actual liquid pipes are hard to come by. As a matter of fact most coolers on the market should work sideways, if they dont they are very cheap. So to answer your question, yes it will work, as thats how almost all uses use it. Including my self once it gets here in the mail.