Doing a clean Win 7 install, and get to a screen that says "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing"...

andrewt1_99

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
System details:

MB: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
CPU: AMD A8-5600K
SSD: Samsung 120GB 840 series
RAM: DDR3 8 GB
DVD: LG model GH24NS95

First off, I can't find a plain old driver for the CD/DVD. LG just packages application software that Win 7 doesn't recognize (I tried the disk). I saw in another thread that even though Win 7 says it is looking for the CD/DVD, it might actually be looking for the HDD. I can't find any drivers for the Samsung 840 that Win 7 will recognize. I can't get past this screen and I am perplexed. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

andrewt1_99

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Where would I find that RAID driver that contains the AHCI? I can't seem to locate it on the MSI mobo driver disk. Can I download it from somewhere and load it from a USB drive? Dang. This is immensely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

andrewt1_99

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
I have read lots of threads related to this topic and none seem to work. I have changed the boot order to make sure that the CD-ROM is first. I have changed the SATA settings from AHCI ti IDE and back again. I have switched between UEFI and UEFI And Legacy support. I have cleaned and formatted my SSD with a single partition and then gone back and wiped that partition out. Nothing seems to work. Doesn't anyone have anything?

andrewt1_99

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
OK. I used a Windows 7 install disk from a previous computer build and it worked fine. I then just used the license key from my new disk and it updated to the latest version of windows. I really don't know what the problem was. I suspect it was some sort of port conflict, but at least this worked.