SSD for main OS, will a Caviar Black 1TB slow my gaming down

siriuslee

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Morning,
I currently have just updated my PC parts, which i have Windows 8 Pro 64 bit installed on one of my Samsung 840 Pro 512GB. i also have a spare SSD which is the same size and model as my main OS SSD, but also have a brand new Caviar Black 1TB.

If i was to install my games onto the Caviar (since storage is twice as much as one SSD) would it effect the gaming performance ie fps etc.. since a HDD is not as fast as a HDD.

Many thanks in advanced

Here are my system specs:
Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel 2011 3930K @ 3.2Ghz
Corsair Platinum 16GB DDR3 @2400Mhz CL9
Asus Nvidia GTX 690
Corsair TX850 PSU
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
HDD and SSD see no difference in in-game performance, so i would recommend to use the HDD (Caviar Black) for your games. Also SSD have limited amount of read/write cycles, which is why they are recommended for operating systems and programs. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Please feel free to contact me about any other questions/concerns you may have in the future. Also please remember to pick your best solution so other people may learn from your thread. Thank you for your time, and have a good day.

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Not at all the only game you would see a difference in is The Sims 3 (has 4 different loading screens) and is a 60+ GB game with everything installed. Otherwise you would never even notice a difference. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Please feel free to contact me about any other questions/concerns you may have in the future. Also please remember to pick your best solution so other people may learn from your thread. Thank you for your time, and have a good day.