• FD Arc Midi r2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Anomandaris

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Hello again, I once again ask for your help.
I want to buy a case for my rig that will last for many years and be able to accommodate whatever I decide to put in it along the way. My two current choices are these:

1) HAF X - ~175$
2) FD Arc Midi r2 - ~135$

I can afford the more expensive one but only if it is worth it. Please help me decide. Let me say once again: I am choosing a case not only according to my current rig but also with future proofing in mind - I might decide to put water cooling in, a longer GPU, etc. I really don't know so want to choose what will give me good flexibility, good airflow and cooling. Visuals are a bonus, weight and size are irrelevant (I have enough space to put it in and have no intention of moving it).
Points that especially interest me:
- Are the huge case fans of the HAF X better for cooling and how are they noise related?
- Does any of the two cases have a certain problem/deficiency that you know of?
- Is it actually viable to think about the long run in terms of a computer case, or is it like with GPUs for example (expect to replace them every few years)?
- Anything else you think I should know but can't think of right now.

Thank you very much! You are a great community and I have learned a lot around here!

mike69k

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352029

I know you asked about two cases in particular, but I am going to throw my idea into the mix because you sound like I did when I was looking for a case. This is the best case I have ever used in any build. It has sound dampening material on the sides to lower sound. It has 3 intake fans on the front, one on the side, one on the back and two on the top. You can fit a single 120mm radiator on the back, or double 120mm on top. The way they have it set up it is quiet as hell and has great airflow. It has a huge amount of space, and will fit any graphics card in it with a ton of room to spare. You can move around drive bays to fit whatever needs you have in the case. It is solid, no crappy thin metal, and it is heavy. I only mention this because you posted a Fractal Design case, but the XL2 is the best case they make.