Possibility of dying motherboard or HDD

Lord_Kitty

Honorable
May 31, 2013
So, as the title say, I may have a dying mobo. I need some help to figure it out.

When I press the reset switch, the PC locks up and after a few seconds, resets normally. The power switch, LED and HDD LED are working fine.

I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme3 bought 5 months ago. The sound chip already stopped working (which may be my fault). The case is a Corsair 300R. The review of the case on techPowerUp warned that they may cause a short, but I have not heard of this happening to anyone.

I also suspect the HDD to be dying. Its around 8 months old though. I ran Prime95 blend test and the system really slowed down and the HDD started spinning and continued after I closed it. CrystalDiskInfo shows that the hard disk is alright though.

I'll see what I can find more about this.

Lord_Kitty

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I thought this thread didn't post. Here's what I wrote on a second one with some more details.

Here's the problems:

-When I press the reset switch, the computer freezes up. It then resets normally after a few seconds.
-Same thing when I save and restart in the BIOS
-When the PC powers off, the fans CPU and case fans keep spinning and power LED doesn't turn off.

My motherboard is an ASRock Z77 Extreme3 and the PSU is an Antec HCG-620M.

I really need some thoughts on that. I'll try to disassemble the PC from the case to try and find some solutions and get back here.

EDIT: I don't think its a storage problem anymore. But here's the SMART reading from CrystalDiskInfo.

11lspd3.jpg